Baked Shrimp Scamp.
You can cook Baked Shrimp Scamp using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Shrimp Scamp
- Prepare 1 kg (2 pounds) of shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails on or off.
- You need 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of white wine (optional — sub with extra lemon juice or chicken stock.
- It's 1 of brown shallot, minced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of melted butter, divided.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes or more, to taste.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley leaves.
- You need of Lemon wedges to serve.
Baked Shrimp Scamp instructions
- Heat oven to 220°C | 425º F. In a well-seasoned oven-proof skillet or baking dish, combine the shrimp, lemon juice, white wine, shallots, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well until the shrimp are evenly coated.
- OPTIONAL: Starting from the outer edge of your skillet or dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer towards the centre of the pan. Set aside..
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining melted butter, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley; mix well..
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp and bake for 12 minutes, or until hot and bubbling, and the shrimp are ‘just’ cooked through. Change oven settings to broil or grill for a further minute or so, until the top is crispy and golden..
- Garnish with remaining parsley, squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges..