One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole.
You can have One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It's 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large bell peppers, diced (any color).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It's 1 can (8 oz.) of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken broth (or water).
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole step by step
- In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onions and peppers. Stir and cook until the onions turn translucent, about 3-5 minutes..
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook, breaking the beef up, until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat if needed. Stir in the garlic, diced tomatoes and rice and increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, brown sugar, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Then stir in the tomato sauce and broth (or water). Let this come to a boil..
- Once at a boil, place the lid on and reduce the heat down to med-low. Let this simmer for 60 or so minutes, stirring every so often so nothing sticks (if using a different rice or quinoa, then adjust to a shorter cooking time), until most of the liquid had absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once it's done. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top and place the lid back on until the cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge..