Red Wine Beef Stew. This beef stew recipe is pure comfort. Serve it with crusty bread or over rice to capture every drop of the rich gravy. He braises the beef in robust red wine to get a rich, luscious stew with.
This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Rumba Meats and #WeAllGrow Latina Network. It's a family tradition in our household to make New Year's resolutions, and as I mentioned in the previous post, my personal resolution this year is to add more variety to our. This classic red wine beef stew recipe is incredibly flavorful with hearty vegetables and tender, melt-in-your-mouth shreds of beef. You can cook Red Wine Beef Stew using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Wine Beef Stew
- It's 3 lbs of Beef Chuck cubed.
- It's 3 of shallots or yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- You need 2 stalks of celery diced.
- It's 4 of large russet potatoes peeled,rinsed and cubed.
- Prepare 1,5 cups of Pinot Noir, or Italian Chianti.
- You need 2 cups of Beef broth or, chicken stock or water.
- You need 2 of large carrots sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried thyme.
- It's 1 of Tblsp spoon salt.
- Prepare 2 of tblsp ground black pepper.
- You need 3 of tblspoon olive oil.
- It's 1 of Tblsp tomato paste.
The full recipe calls for blanched pearl onions, and while a bit time-consuming to prepare, they're worth the added effort. If you want to take a short-cut. Pour red wine and beef broth into the pan. We love the depth that red wine brings, but if it's not your thing, feel free to just substitute for additional beef stock.
Red Wine Beef Stew instructions
- Heat up a skillet add Olive oil in the mean time take beef and dust with flour just coated add to heated skillet brown meat on all sides then take out of pan and set a side on a plate.
- Add shallots, salt and pepper, tomato paste saute for a minute add garlic and red wine, broth bring to simmer..
- Put potatoes carrots, thyme, celery and beef in a slow cooker add broth mixture cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours place in a bowl add parsley enjoy🤗.
This is even better the day after.and the day after that. Just be sure to let the stew cool completely before packing it up. Also - if you're so inclined - it freezes SO well. This Red Wine Beef Stew is rich and hearty, with tender beef and a velvety, savory sauce that you will not believe! SOME wine makes this stew fantastic though.