You can cook Overstuffed Calzones using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Overstuffed Calzones
- It's of For the dough:.
- You need 1 package of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey.
- You need 1 cup of warm water, not hot.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need Can of use bread flour or combination of both equal amount.
- Prepare of You can also add herbs and spices to your dough if you like,.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- You need of You can use any fillings you like. Here are some suggestion:.
- It's of Onion, bell pepper, black olives, spinach, pepperoni, sausage,.
- You need of Just fill with fav pizza toppings or chicken also.
- Prepare of For the dough.
Overstuffed Calzones step by step
- In large bowl, mixer or bread machine, add warm water..
- Add sugar and yeast. Stir and let sit until frothy..
- In another bowl, add 3 cups all purpose flour, salt and herbs if using..
- When yeast has bloomed add flour mixture and olive oil. Mix until well combined..
- If using stand mixer use dough hook. Bread machine jusr use dough or pizza setting..
- If kneading by hand, lightly flour surface and knead dough until smooth and elastic. About 6-10 minutes. Add flour little at a time if it gets sticky..
- Once the dough ball is smooth and elastic, place a few drops of olive oil i a bowl. Turn dough around coating all sides. Cover with towel or plastic wrap..
- Let dough rise in warm place until doubled..
- After dough has doubled, punch down and turn out on lightly floured surface..
- I cut mine into 4 sections which makes a good size calzone. But you can make as big or small as you like..
- Flatten and roll your dough into a round pizza shape..
- Place cheese and your filling on half of the dough leaving room around edges to seal..
- Fold dough over filling like a half moon shape. Press and stretch edges to seal..
- You can also use tines of fork to seal edges..
- Brush calzones with egg wash or olive oil..
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown..
- Can brush with melted butter and garlic if you like also..
- You can add sauce on the inside like a pizza or dip your calzone in sauce. Just make it anyway you like. Thanks for looking :).