Spaghetti Squash Boats.
You can have Spaghetti Squash Boats using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Prepare 3 small of spaghetti squash.
- It's 1/3 cup of small curd cottage cheese.
- It's 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped basil.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 of -sauce-.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1/2 of onion, finely chopped.
- It's 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It's 14 oz of italian chicken sausage.
- Prepare 14 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped basil.
Spaghetti Squash Boats step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°f.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Bake one hour on a cookie sheet, cut side down, until soft..
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and basil..
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil. Add sausage and cook, breaking up into small pieces until browned and cooked through..
- Add the crushed tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and reduce heat to low, and simmer about 20 minutes. Add the basil..
- When squash is cooked, let cool about 10 minutes. When it's cool enough to handle, use a fork to remove the flesh, reserving the shells..
- Place the spaghetti squash on paper toweling to soak up any excess liquid. Then mix with HALF the sauce. Divide the squash mixture evenly between the shells..
- Top the filled shells with remaining sauce, cottage cheese mixture, and mozzarella cheese, dividing each evenly among your "boats"..
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until hot and cheese is melted..