PARMESAN PANKO CHICKEN TENDERS. Chicken Tenders; Pour flour into a shallow dish. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. In another shallow dish, stir panko with Parmesan.
Dredge in panko mixture, pressing to adhere. Most kids are hooked on breaded chicken of some sort. So here's a pan-fried version that's much healthier than drive-through or frozen-food options. You can have PARMESAN PANKO CHICKEN TENDERS using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of PARMESAN PANKO CHICKEN TENDERS
- It's 1 1/2 lb of chicken breast tenders.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 large of eggs (lightly beaten).
- It's 1 cup of panko (Japanese breadcrumbs).
- It's 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It's 3 tbsp of canola oil.
- It's 2 tbsp of fresh parsley.
Using chicken breast tenders makes these look like fast food, but you'll feel so much better about feeding them to your kids. The crispy, crunchy panko breadcrumbs lend incredible texture. We are a huge fan of chicken tenders and breaded chicken for our family. The "special ingredient" in these tenders is the Panko.
PARMESAN PANKO CHICKEN TENDERS step by step
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Combine panko and cheese in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in the eggs, then dip them in the panko cheese mixture (cover chicken well).
- Heat the oil in a skillet over med heat and cook until browned and done.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Instead of breadcrumbs or just flour I use panko. Panko is generally used in Japanese cooking and it can be found in the grocery store in the Asian foods aisle. Coat the chicken tenders in flour and shake off any excess. Then dredge in the egg and lemon juice mixture and allow excess egg to drip off. Coat with the panko bread crumb mixture, turning until evenly coated.