Meatloaf Pepperoni Roll. A generous portion of pepperoni is added to traditional meatloaf in this kid-approved pepperoni meatloaf Nutritional Information. A West Virginian staple, the pepperoni roll is a traditional provision for coal miners consisting of a bread roll baked with pepperoni in the middle, sometimes also including cheese. The pepperoni roll is a snack popular in West Virginia and some nearby regions of the Appalachian Mountains such as Western Pennsylvania, Western Maryland, and Appalachian Ohio.
This recipe also features a number of suggested variations and twists! My boys love when I make these pepperoni rolls for their lunches. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; gently press into meat. You can cook Meatloaf Pepperoni Roll using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Pepperoni Roll
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground sausage (I use hot).
- It's 1 of egg (whipped).
- It's 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It's 1 tablespoon of minced red onion (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced green bell pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced yellow bell pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced red bell pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It's 24 oz of jar roasted garlic pasta sauce (I use Classico riser a).
- You need 1 pkg of pepperoni (to taste).
- Prepare 2 cups of Italian shredded cheese.
- You need of Bella mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare 1 of small jalapeño minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
Starting at short end, roll up tightly, using foil to start roll and tucking in. Place some pepperoni and cheeses in. Pepperoni Pizza Rolls-these easy pizza rolls are made with pizza dough and stuffed with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. They also get brushed with garlic butter and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Meatloaf Pepperoni Roll instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix ground beef, sausage, 1 cup of cheese, bread crumbs, egg, onion, peppers in large bowl.
- Shape as flat as possible on wax pepper. Cover meat mixture with 1/2 sauce and sprinkle with mushrooms and pepperonis.
- Roll end of mixture using the wax pepper as a base.
- Bake 50 minutes until almost done(120 temp or so). i use a broiling pan to catch the grease. Sprinkle top with pepperonis and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until beef is cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Instead of Pizza, how about a Pepperoni Roll? These are popular In West Virgina and I found these fantastic snacks while on a visit this past summer. A wonderful taste, with just a few ingredients. Want to try. -One frozen dough log makes one pepperoni roll. -Brush dough with olive oil or whatever cooking oil you prefer. We all have our favorite My favorite sips of coffee are the first and the last.