Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy.
You can have Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey).
- It's 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes - drained, liquid reserved.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It's 1 tsp of chicken boullion granules.
Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy step by step
- In a small bowl wisk together the liquid from the tomatoes, tomato soup, water, and chicken boullion..
- Place the first 8 ingredients listed, 3 tbs of the liquid mixture, and half the diced tomatoes in a large bowl. Stir remaining tomatoes into liquid mixture, set aside..
- Mix ingredients in the large bowl by hand until well blended. Shape into 6 equal croquettes (think mini meatloaf)..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tbs olive oil, swirl to coat. Arrange croquettes in skillet evenly spaced. Cook about 2 minutes per side, just until nicely browned but not cooked through..
- Pour tomato mixture evenly over croquettes. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover. Allow to gently simmer untouched 15 minutes..
- If you wish to thicken the tomato gravy before serving remove lid, increase heat back to medium and vigorously simmer about 5 minutes more, gently spooning gravy over croquettes to coat. Serve with mashed potatoes and fresh veggies. Enjoy!.