You can cook Chicken Piccata using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata
- It's 1/2 cup of flour.
- It's 1/4 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 large of minced shallot.
- It's 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of capers, rinsed.
- You need 2 of red chilis, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- It's 1/2 cup of low sodium or homemade chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- You need 1 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cold butter, salted or usalted.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
Chicken Piccata step by step
- Combine flour, parmesan cheese,black pepper and italian seasoning in a bowl..
- Pound chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap to a even 1/4 inch thickness.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet , put each chicken breast in flour mixture bowl just to lighlty coat and dry cicken. This is a very light coating, more o a seasoned rub. Add chicken to hot oil/ butter in skillet, do not crowd. Cook for about 3 miutes for each side, add more olive oi if needed and cook until golden, remove to plate and tent with foil to keep warm..
- Into skillet where chicken was cooked add shallot, garlic and chilis, cook just until soft, 1 miniute, add white wine and deglaze pan by scraping bottom of pan and reducing wine to almost gone. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and cream, the 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and bring to a boil and cook a few minutes until a light sauce, add capers, parsley and chives, Turn heat to low and whisk in butter. Taste sauce add salt just if needed. Serve sauce over chicken..