Chicken Piccata and Quinoa.
You can have Chicken Piccata and Quinoa using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata and Quinoa
- You need of Chicken Piccata.
- You need 2 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1 of sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1/3 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of capers rinsed.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of Quinoa Rice.
- It's 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
Chicken Piccata and Quinoa step by step
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast butterflied..
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess..
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil..
- cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate..
- In the same pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor..
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously..
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley..
- Boil 2 cups of water and add quinoa.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer for 15 mins. Make sure to drain quinoa holds a lot of water..