Italian sausage stuffed manicotti. Delicious and easy homemade Mushroom and Italian Sausage Stuffed Manicotti. Definitely a great Italian comfort food recipe. Manicotti pasta tubes stuffed with a cheese and sausage filling are easy because you don't need to cook the pasta beforehand.
Manicotti tubes are stuffed with a mouthwatering Italian sausage filling then smothered in marinara sauce and lots of cheese. It's fantastic for make-ahead meal Manicotti stuffed with melted cheese and smothered in marinara sauce is pure comfort food! This easy dinner recipe satisfies all the cravings. You can have Italian sausage stuffed manicotti using 28 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian sausage stuffed manicotti
- It's of Italian sausage stuffing.
- It's 2 lb of of italian sausage (any).
- You need 1 large of jar of Alfredo sauce.
- It's 2 large of onions (white).
- Prepare 2 bunch of of spinach.
- You need 6 clove of of garlic.
- It's 1 of bell pepper (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of of Romano parmesan.
- It's 1/4 of extra italian seasonings.
- Prepare 1 large of piping bag.
- Prepare 2 cup of of mozzarella.
- It's of manicotti shells.
- It's 2 box of of manicotti.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of add salt.
- You need of marinara sauce.
- It's 1/2 cup of italian seasonings.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 2 large of cans of tomato paste.
- You need 4 can of of large diced tomatoes.
- It's 4 tbsp of of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- It's 2 tbsp of pepper.
- It's 10 clove of of garlic.
- It's 1 large of jar of sweet peppers.
- You need 2 tbsp of of sugar.
- It's of alfredo sauce.
- It's 2 of jars of Alfredo (any).
Sausage stuffed manicotti are delicious served for dinner with garlic bread. The sausage mixture is a combination if Italian sausage, breadcrumbs, egg, and parmesan, provolone and mozzarella cheeses. Stuffing the manicotti does require a little bit of effort but it is worth it. Drain manicotti and rinse with cold water.
Italian sausage stuffed manicotti step by step
- chop all onions and garlic and separate according to measurements.
- Get 1 large skillet and 1 large pot.
- In the skillet and pot add olive oil, garlic, onions and Italian seasonings to saute..
- In the skillet saute spinach then add the Italian sausage.
- In large pot dump diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sweet peppers, salt, pepper, sugar and simmer for at least 30 minutes until thickened.
- When the stuffing is done add jar of Alfredo sauce and Romano Parmesan cheese. let it cool then right before you get ready to stuff add mozzarella to the sausage..
- cook pasta according to al dente with salted water and olive oil. let water come to a roaring boil before adding shells..
- drain pasta and replace the shells in the cartons it came in.
- scoop sausage into piping bag, cut tip and start piping the shells..
- ladle some marinara sauce to bottom of baking dish. then place shells in dish spacing them out. open alfredo sauce pour on top then the marinara and sprinkle mozzarella on top. repeat until all your shells are gone..
- bake at least 20 minutes or until sauce starts bubbling on the bottom..
- serve immediately and enjoy..
Stuffed manicotti recipes can be high in calories, but turkey sausage and other lower fat ingredients keep the numbers down in this family-friendly Italian dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with cheese mixture. Sometimes I freeze the remaining stuffed manicotti shells to use for another meal or. Italian Sausage Manicotti- an easy recipe for manicotti stuffed with Italian sausage and cheese and covered with tomato sauce. This Italian favorite makes a great family meal.