Sicilian Cous Cous Salad. There are a great many recipes for Sicilian couscous salad. This one with apricots, raisins and mint looks just like sunshine on a plate. Tip the couscous into a large bowl and pour over the stock.
It is a one-pot vegan meal with protein from legumes and. for this Sicilian salad recipe we chose the typical couscous to show the link with the Arab world and to use eggplant, queen of Sicilian cuisine and star of many typical dishes. This couscous salad with its roasted squash and citrusy vinaigrette bridges the gap. While the squash and onions are roasting, you can plump the cranberries and make the couscous. You can have Sicilian Cous Cous Salad using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sicilian Cous Cous Salad
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 1/3 cups of couscous.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of V-8 juice.
- It's 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 lb of hot Italian sausage.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of ea tomato, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- It's 1/2 cup of feta cheese.
All that's left is to toss everything together with the vinaigrette. Place couscous in a shallow pan. Pour simmering chicken stock over couscous. So I attended a dinner that night where everyone had to bring a vegan dish and this is what I decided to whip up.
Sicilian Cous Cous Salad step by step
- Coat the sausages with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and pierce the casing with a fork..
- Grill or broil the sausages until cooked completely through, turning occasionally to evenly cook..
- Set the sausages aside to cool enough to handle..
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat..
- When the oil is heated, add the garlic, couscous, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt..
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the couscous starts to brown.
- Stir in the V-8 juice, lemon juice and chicken stock..
- Bring to a simmer..
- Cover the couscous, remove from the heat and let stand five minutes..
- Cut the sausages into bite-sized pieces..
- In a bowl combine the couscous and sausages with the remaining ingredients..
- Toss and serve..
How to make the best couscous salad recipe with a simple lemon dressing Jump to the Easy Lemon and Herb Couscous Salad Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. A terrific side or satisfying lunch - and it keeps well for days! Here is a lip-smacking Couscous Salad, made with broken wheat and an interesting assortment of veggies including cucumber and broccoli. There is no oily dressing, and the ingredients are rich in fibre, which makes this Healthy Couscous Salad a wonderful snack for diabetics. A fresh and colourful summer salad recipe made with giant cous cous, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and basil.