Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage.
You can cook Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage
- Prepare 3 of acorn squash.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It's of Olive oil cooking spray.
- You need 3 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of spicy Italian turkey sausage.
- It's 1 of large leek.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 4 cups of baby kale.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It's 3 tsp of parmesan cheese, freshly grated.
- Prepare 3 tbs of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need of Red pepper flakes, optional.
Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the squash in half. Cut a thin slice off the round side of each squash half to create a stable base. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray. Place squash flesh side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; bake until golden and tender, 40 minutes. Remove from oven; flip squash and set aside..
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add sausage; cook, breaking into coarse pieces, until brown, 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl. To same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and leek; cook until leek is soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook, 30 seconds. Add kale and toss; add broth. Cover and cook until kale is tender, 5 minutes; stir in sausage. Divide kale-sausage filling among squash..
- In a bowl, combine walnuts, Parmesan, panko and optional red pepper flakes; sprinkle evenly over squash bowls and coat with cooking spray. Broil until panko is golden, 2 minutes..