You can cook Chicken Lombardy using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Lombardy
- You need 1 1/2 pound of skinless boneless chicken brests, sliced into 1/4 inch slices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour seasoned with 2 tablespoons romano cheese, 1/4 teasppon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning.
- It's 8 ounces of button mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry marsala wine.
- It's 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It's 1 of teadpoon hot sauce, such as franks red hot.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It's 1 cup of fontina cheese, shredded.
- It's 1/2 cup of romanocheesegrated.
- You need 3 of green onions, thin sliced.
Chicken Lombardy instructions
- Spray a baking dish large enogh to hold chicken in one layer with baking spray, preheat oven to 450.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Dredge each chicken sice in seasoned flour mixture.
- Place in hot oil, don't crowd chicken, cook until golden on each side and remove chicken as done to prepared pan.
- Add butter to skillet chicken was cooked in, melt and add mushrooms and garlic and cover and cook until tender.
- Uncover and lightly brown mushrooms then remove and evenly place over chicken.
- Into same skillet add marsala and reduce by about 1/2.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, hot sauce salt and pepper to taste and cook about 2 minutes then pour over mushrooms and chicken.
- Evenly sprinkle fontina and romano cheese over the mushrooms and chicken, add green onions.
- Place in hot oven just until cheese melts, 5 to 20 minutes. Dont overcook at this point, you want the chicken to stay juicu.