Mike's Pizza Neapolitan.
You can have Mike's Pizza Neapolitan using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Pizza Neapolitan
- Prepare of Neapolitan Red Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Quality Olive Oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Red Onion [small chop].
- It's 4 tbsp of Fresh Garlic [fine mince].
- You need 2 can of 14.5 oz San Marzano [preferred-if you can find them] Plumb Or Diced Tomatoes.
- It's 1/2 large of Fresh Tomato [chopped].
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of Sun Dried Tomatoes [chopped - in oil].
- It's 1 tsp of Dried Basil.
- You need 6 large of Fresh Basil Leaves [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fresh Oregeno.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It's 3 tbsp of Quality Red Wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Granulated Sugar [or less].
- It's of Water [to thin sauce if needed].
- Prepare of Pizza.
- You need 2 large of Homemade Pizza Dough - Pre-Fabed Or Pre-Baked [soft wheat dough if at all possible].
- It's 1 large of Motzerella Ball [buffalo or cow if possible].
- It's of Fresh Basil [chopped or whole leaves].
Mike's Pizza Neapolitan instructions
- Add olive oil, chopped red onions, minced garlic, black pepper, sea salt and dried basil to a pan and heat. Cook onions until translucent. About 5-6 minutes. Be careful not to burn your garlic..
- Add all other ingredients in the Neapolitan Red Sauce section except for your fresh basil. Cover and allow sauce to simmer for at least an hour..
- Using a potato masher, 30 minutes into simmer, gently mash your tomatoes and onions whereby creating more of a chunky puree..
- In the last 15 minutes of your simmer, add your 6 chopped basil leaves. Reserve more whole leaves for pizza garnish finish. I also mash my red sauce once more at this point and add anything else my sauce may need. During long simmer times - flavors can easily dissipate. So, I'll usually add additional sea salt, 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder to steep quickly in my sauce. It's up to you!.
- Allow sauce to cool before placing it on your pizzas. This sauce recipe equals four cooked cups..
- ° 45 minutes prior to baking your pizzas, heat oven and pizza stone to 500°. Later, turn oven down to 425°. Dust pizza stone with corn meal or, you can place your raw dough on parchment, then place it on your pizza stone. ° Bake about 5 - 7 minutes or, until crust is browned and slightly firm. ° Allow crust to cool a bit before constructing pizzas. Remember, these pizza crusts go back in the oven to bake again once topped. This easy technique ensures you won't have raw dough in the center of your pizzas..
- If using a pre-fabed pie crust such as Mama Mary's or Boboli, lightly brush the outer edges with olive oil and bake for 5-7 minutes until crust is slightly browned and crispy..
- ° Ladle your sauce on your crust stopping about a 1/2" from the edges. ° Slice your Motzerella thin or, break it up and position it how you'd like on your pizza. Add fresh basil. ° Bake pizza as per manufactures directions or, until all cheeses are melted and your outer crusts are visually crispy..