Brad's Latin inspired fried cod and polenta.
You can have Brad's Latin inspired fried cod and polenta using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's Latin inspired fried cod and polenta
- Prepare of For the fish.
- It's 2 lbs of cod filets, thawed and cut into fish sticks.
- It's 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of yellow corn meal.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain bread crumbs.
- It's 1 tbs of cumin and chilli powder.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, beaten.
- You need of For the polenta.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white corn meal.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- It's 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 3 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 tsp of each garlic powder, cumin, chilli powder, smoked paprika.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 2 tbs of sour cream.
- It's of For the roasted salsa.
- It's 1 bag of southwest vegetable mix, frozen.
- It's 1 tbs of butter.
- You need 2-3 tbs of white vinegar, to taste.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare Pinch of taco seasoning.
- It's of Toppings.
- You need of Cotija cheese.
Brad's Latin inspired fried cod and polenta instructions
- Thaw frozen vegetable mix and drain in a strainer until fairly dry. My mix had corn, black beans, red pepper and onion..
- This is a pretty fast paced meal. If you have a deep fryer, it makes this a little easier..
- For the fish, I prefer to use ziplock bags to bread them. It makes things easier with less mess. Put 1/2 cup flour in one bag, the rest of the flour, cornmeal, bread crumbs, and spices in another bag. Beat eggs in a flat bottom bowl..
- Heat deep fryer, or oil in a skillet, to around 360 degrees..
- Place 4-5 pieces of fish in flour bag and shake. Dredge in egg. Then place in the breading bag. Shake. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and keep heated in a 170 degree oven. Repeat until all fish is done..
- For the polenta, heat milk water and bouillon in a lg pot until boiling..
- Mix cornmeal and seasonings. Very slowly whisk cornmeal into boiling liquid whisk constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer until polenta is cooked through. Whisk often. When polenta is tender, add cheese and sour cream. Incorporate well..
- For the salsa, heat a dry frying pan over medium heat. Add veggie mix and fry until all the water dries out. Add vinegar 1 tbs at a time, allowing pan to dry out between additions. Add butter and season to taste..
- Plate polenta. Add fish on top. Garnish with pan salsa and cotija cheese. Add hot sauce if desired. Serve immediately, enjoy..