Polpettone - Italian meatloaf with parma ham and cheese. Lay the prosciutto slices over the surface of the meat and sprinkle the Asiago cheese evenly over the. This Italian veal meatloaf called polpettone in Italian is the typical second course for a Sunday lunch. It is stuffed with cheese and ham.
This Italian-seasoned meatloaf is made with the addition of Parmesan cheese, tomato sauce, and Italian herbs. This meatloaf takes on Italian flavor with the addition of Parmesan cheese and an Italian herb blend. Serve this flavorful meatloaf with mashed potatoes and corn or green beans for a. You can have Polpettone - Italian meatloaf with parma ham and cheese using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Polpettone - Italian meatloaf with parma ham and cheese
- You need 500 g of mince.
- Prepare of Small pack of parma ham.
- You need of Small pack of cheese (I used dutch cheese).
- Prepare of Egg.
- You need of Sprinkle of breadcrumbs.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Sage to serve.
Watch and learn how Italy makes meatloaf! This awesome dish known in Italy as a Polpettone, is overstuffed with mouth-watering ingredients. on a large piece of parchment paper, flatten the meat mixture into a large rectangle shape - doesn't have to be perfect. add a layer of black forest ham add. This Italian meatloaf or "polpettone" as it's called in Italian, it's the typical Sunday lunch second course. It's stuffed with cheese and ham, but you can pick the ingredients you prefer.
Polpettone - Italian meatloaf with parma ham and cheese step by step
- Mix mince in a bowl with egg, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs (see my previous meatloaf recipe) roll out onto baking sheet and shape into a rectangle. (I made 2 in the end) add parma ham and then cheese.
- Gently roll it up. Top with sage and cook at 200 for about 35-40 mins. Enjoy :).
Prepare in advance and reheat on the stove quickly before serving. Authentic Italian Meatloaf With Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Named In Italian Polpettone. Hamburger Recipes Meatloaf Recipes Meatballs And Gravy Italian Meatloaf Italian Meats Good Food Yummy Food Spinach Recipes Healthy Appetizers. The taste of this meat loaf is subtle but oh so good! Mix together mashed potatoes with Ricotta or cottage cheese.