Tuscan Chicken Skillet.
You can cook Tuscan Chicken Skillet using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuscan Chicken Skillet
- You need 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of oregano.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 12 oz. of mushrooms, sliced.
- It's 2/3 c. of sundried tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can Cannelini Beans, drained and rinsed.
- It's 2 (15 oz) of cans fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of sugar substitute.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Parsley for garnish.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
Tuscan Chicken Skillet step by step
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, then add the chicken and brown for 3 minutes on each side..
- Remove chicken and set aside on a plate..
- Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the sliced mushrooms in a single layer and brown, working in batches, a few minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside..
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes..
- Add the garlic, and sundried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes..
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, spices, beans, and sugar..
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan and spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over top of the chicken..
- Cook, covered, on the stove top until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling, about ten minutes..
- Return the mushrooms to the pan. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot, garnished with parsley..