Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams. New England Deluxe Stuffed Clams recipe. Blueberries, Lobster, Mike's Pastry, Giacomo's and more. New England-style Stuffed Clams also called Stuffed Quahogs (hard-shelled clams) are a regional favorite in Rhode Island around Narragansett Bay Also known as "stuffies," stuffed clams or stuffed quahogs are flavored with fresh bread crumbs, onion, celery, bell pepper and Portuguese spices..
The hard clam (Mercenaria mercenaria), also known as a quahog (/ˈk(w)oʊhɒɡ/; or quahaug), round clam or hard-shell (or hard-shelled) clam. Hard clams (see also soft-shell clams) Ocean quahog or mahogany clam Arctica islandica Atlantic surf clam or hen clam Spisula solidissima Cherrystone, littleneck, or quahog Mercenaria mercenaria Razor Mahogany clam is the name for small ocean quahogs harvested from Maine's coastal waters. Are you a Giant Super Savers Club member? You can have Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams using 33 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams
- It's of ● For The Seafoods [chopped clams & crab meant for stuffing].
- Prepare 12 of Raw Giant Quahog Clams On The Half Shell [size of large hand].
- Prepare of [☆ clams are easy enough to open on your own - or, ask butcher].
- Prepare 12 oz of Can Chopped Clams In Juice [drained - reserve juice].
- It's 8 oz of Fine Shreadded Pre-steamed Crab Meat.
- Prepare of ● For The Clam Stuffing.
- Prepare of Your 12 oz Drained Can Of Pre-steamed Clams [minced].
- Prepare 8 oz of Your Fine Shreadded Pre-steamed Crab Meat.
- It's 4 Cups of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Fine Minced Mushrooms.
- It's 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- It's 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Quality White Wine.
- Prepare of use as needed Reserved Clam And Crab Juice [to moisten stuffing].
- It's of ● For The Toppings [to taste or, as needed].
- It's of Shreadded Parmesan Cheese.
- It's of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It's of Your Favorite Hot Sauce.
- It's Leaves of Fresh Parsley.
- Prepare of Lemon Wedges.
- You need of ● For The Options [to taste - all super fine minced & pan fried].
- It's as needed of Salted Butter.
- It's to taste of Vidalia Onions.
- Prepare to taste of Green Bell Peppers.
- It's to taste of Orange Bell Peppers.
- It's to taste of Celery With Leaves.
- You need to taste of Fried Chopped Bacon.
Mike's Giant Seafood Stuffed Quahog Grilled Clams instructions
- Mix your stuffing well and heat. Use reserved clam juice if you feel your stuffing is too dry. You'll want it somewhat moist. No need to fry your stuffing if opting out of the fresh veggies. Just heat/steam in microwave..
- Dislodge clams from shell and put back into place. Reserve any fluids if you possibly can..
- If incorporating the fresh veggies, fry in butter until translucent. About 3 minutes for fine minced. Then add stuffing. My students opted for both versions..
- Pack stuffing tightly and generously on your raw giant clams. Grill for 7 minutes covered at 400°. Or, until they're bubbling. Add cheeses at the finish and allow to melt..
- Serve these delicious appetizers with hot sauces to the side. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!.
Scrub clams well to remove grit and. onions and clams to water and potatoes. Add pepper to taste and more water if necessary. Remove the quahogs and strain the water from the pot (which is now quahog broth) and reserve it for later use. The seafood was very good including the stuffed Quahog (which I found out was featured on an episode of "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on Food Network). The quintessential east coast clam, the quahog clam (aka quahaug, round clam, hard-shell clam) is much beloved throughout New England.