Stewed chicken in tomatoes. Cut chicken breast halves in half again. Mix flour, salt and pepper together in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake to coat.
Add stewed tomatoes, oregano and basil. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, then rub with paprika and ½ tsp each salt and pepper. I used chicken thighs for this recipe because that is what I had on hand, but it worked out really well because they became so tender but still had that perfect crispy skin. You can cook Stewed chicken in tomatoes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stewed chicken in tomatoes
- It's 28 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- It's 14 oz of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dehydrated onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It's 2 cup of extra sharp cheese shredded.
- You need 6 large of chicken thighs, boneless and skinless.
Remove chicken and drain off excess grease, leaving a tablespoon or two. Add chopped onion, green pepper, and minced garlic to hot skillet; sauté until onion is tender. Use stewed tomatoes in recipes such as Chicken Cacciatore, or in combination with broth when preparing a risotto. And, always think about adding a jar of sauce to any roast pork, roast beef, or roast chicken dish.
Stewed chicken in tomatoes step by step
- Preheat oven 425° Fahrenheit.
- To a deep oven proof pan, add chicken thighs. Add half the salt and all the spices to top of thighs. ..
- Mix the cheese, crushed tomatoes, rest of salt, and diced tomatoes. Mix well..
- Add the tomato, cheese mixture to top of thighs. Add onions to top of tomato mixture. Then add shredded cheese on top of the entire mixture. Bake one hour. Let rest 5 minutes..
- Serve hope you enjoy!.
Mix water, tomato paste, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper and saffron together in a bowl; pour over chicken. Add more water if chicken isn't completely covered in liquid. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season chicken breasts on both sides with pepper and onion powder, and arrange in the skillet. Cut chicken into serving pieces or use ready-cut chicken pieces (do NOT use skinned, boned breasts).