You can cook Caprese Chicken using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caprese Chicken
- You need of chicken, either thighs or thinly-sliced breast.
- It's of enough tomatoes for thick slices to cover the chicken pieces.
- You need of mozzarella cheese, in log form.
- It's of fresh basil.
Caprese Chicken instructions
- A word on ingredients: You want thin slices of chicken and tomatoes which will produce slices that just cover the chicken. The chicken pieces should be about the size of your palm or a bit smaller. For the mozzarella, don't use the fresh stuff- the moisture will result in the end product swimming in water..
- Preheat the oven to 350 and get some olive oil going in a skillet..
- Slice the chicken if necessary and start it frying in the olive oil. The objective is to get it crisp on the outside. You can season it if you like- I use McCormick Garlic and Herb..
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella such that each slice will just about cover a piece of chicken. Make these slices a bit thicker than you'd think..
- Once the chicken is crisp on the outside, spray a baking dish with cooking spray and move the chicken to it..
- On each piece of chicken, place a slice of tomato and a slice of mozzarella on top of that..
- Bake at 350 and slice some basil while you're waiting. You could also sautee a vegetable in the oil from step 3- leftover bits of tomato are always a winner here, especially if you're using romas...
- The cheese will melt down over the tomato and chicken. Take it out when the cheese starts bubbling on top; this will take 10-15 minutes, but don't be afraid to take it out early if the cheese is bubbly..
- Sprinkle the chopped basil over the still-hot cheese and wait a few minutes for it all to cool and the cheese to congeal..
- Slice sections of melted cheese out of the bottom (this is why we used non fresh mozzarella and sprayed the dish) and serve!.