Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs. Mozzarella cubes are tucked inside ground turkey meatballs seasoned with onion, garlic, pesto, and Italian cheese. The stuffed meatballs are baked in the oven and finished in a simmering pan of marinara sauce. By The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen.
The meatballs use classic Italian ingredients such as garlic, Italian seasoning, Romano cheese, and fresh parsley. The meatballs are baked in the oven and then served with a homemade sauce. This Stuffed Turkey Meatballs Recipe is a popular recipe on my blog. You can have Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey (my package was 1.2 lbs of turkey, still worked out good).
- It's 2 of large egg whites.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond milk and it worked out fine).
- Prepare 4 oz of mozzarella cheese, small cubed (1/2 in).
- Prepare 2 cup of marinera (I used a regular sized jar of my favorite spaghetti sauce).
So, I thought I would remake them to add a bit more flavor by adding turkey sausage! However, these Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs are a bit on the leaner side but with amazing flavor! Another cheesy meatballs recipe with mustard mushroom sauce will satisfy your hunger. Let's add this to your Cuisine Ketogenic, Low Carb.
Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs instructions
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients, except marinera, mix well.
- Make meatballs. Grab about 1.5 tablespoons of meat mixture, flatten in hand a little, place small cube of mozzarella cheese in the middle, seal meat around. I made 26 total..
- On a low simmer, place meatballs into large saucepan over marinera (or spaghetti) sauce..
- Cover with lid, let cook about 20-30 min on low, CAREFULLY stirring occationally.
- ALL DONE! Some cheese will cook out, its ok. :) serve over pasta, or make sandwiches, or eat as is!.
Keyword keto turkey meatballs, lowcarb meatballs, mozzarella cheese stuffed meatballs. The turkey in this recipe is a great source of lean protein, which is essential for building new cells, maintaining healthy tissues, and producing enzymes and hormones necessary for growth. These mozzarella-stuffed turkey meatballs are full of flavor, and melty mozzarella cheese, to satisfy your taste buds. Serving these meatballs in marinara with zoodles (zucchini noodles) makes this fresh dish fun to eat Mozzarella-Stuffed Italian Turkey Meatballs. with zucchini noodles and marinara. Ooey Gooey Mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs. great in sauce or in a sub.