Mike's Crab Rangoon Pizza. In this episode, Batliner thought to do something a little crazy, and combine his two favorite foods!! Description: We are home to the original Crab Rangoon pizza. Crab Rangoon are crab and cream cheese wontons with green onions pinched into little purses and deep fried, the perfect Chinese restaurant Crab Rangoon is one of the most popular Chinese food appetizers on the menu in any of a million local Chinese Food takeout spots, second perhaps to egg.
Crab rangoon with sweet and sour dipping sauce. There really isn't much to putting together this recipe. Filling and sealing the wontons can be tricky at first, but after you complete a few of them you'll get in a groove and bang out the rest in no time. You can have Mike's Crab Rangoon Pizza using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Crab Rangoon Pizza
- You need of ● For The Crab Rangoon Pizzas.
- Prepare 1 of large Boboli 12"Pre-Made Sturdy Pizza Crust Or  6" Crusts.
- It's 3 cup of Mozzarella Cheese [room temp - reserve 2 cups for topping].
- Prepare 1 packages (8 oz) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese [room temp].
- You need 1 (8 oz) of Real Crab Meat [fresh or jarred - not canned - reserve half for topping - check for shells].
- You need 1/3 cup of Sweet Chili Sauce [Franks brand is a great one].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Green Onions [chopped - reserve half for topping].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Hot Yellow Chinese Mustard.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Purple Onions [thin sliced].
- Prepare 1 of large Clove Garlic [fine minced].
- You need 2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes [or less to taste - reserve half for topping].
- It's 1/2 tsp of Worshestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Ginger [minced].
- You need 1/2 tsp of Soy Sauce.
- It's 1/3 of Wonton Wraps [thin sliced & deep fried].
- It's 1 cup of Cooking Oil.
My husband loves crab rangoon and always brings it home. I wanted to make it from scratch and as I worked on this recipe I remembered that an ingredient from the old recipe was a little hot sauce. Much loved deep-fried crab rangoon, the Asian appetizer filled with cream cheese and crab, are incredibly easy to make at home. Keep the completed crab rangoon covered with a damp kitchen or paper towel to keep them from drying out while preparing the remainder of the dumplings.
Mike's Crab Rangoon Pizza instructions
- Bring cream cheese and mozzarella to room temperature or just [slightly] warm in microwave..
- Mix everything together in a bowl. Except for anything that says, "reserve half." Or, your purple onions, sweet chili sauce, hot mustard, wontons and oil in a bowl. Look closely at the ingredient section for any clarification..
- Smear your cream cheese spread evenly atop of your pre-made crust[s]..
- Smear a thin layer of sweet chili sauce atop the cream cheese. This chili sauce can seriously over dominate your pizza - flavor wise - so don't overdue it. Unless of course, you prefer it as a primary flavor. Lightly smear your hot mustard to taste and evenly sprinkle on your remaining crab meat..
- Add your thin sliced purple onions and your reserved green onions, red pepper flakes and mozzarella cheese..
- Thin slice your wontons and fry in hot oil for about 30 seconds - just until they're just slightly browned and crispy. They'll brown more as they dry. Don't over fry. Place on clean napkins to drain oil then, place them on your pizza..
- Bake on a pizza stone or cookie sheet at 425° for 25 minutes. Or, until crusts are browned and cheese is bubbling..
- Slice and serve hot with ice cold beers. Enjoy!.
Crab Rangoon, also known as Crab Puffs, are filled crisp dumplings filled with a combination of cream cheese, crab meat and vegetables which are often served in American Chinese and Thai restaurants. Online, the dish has often appeared in memes and humorous posts that compliment its flavor quality. Crab Rangoon, sometimes called crab puffs, crab rangoon puffs, or cheese wontons, are filled crisp dumpling appetizers served in American Chinese and, more recently, Thai restaurants. This homemade crab rangoon can be baked or fried! It's filled with an easy cream cheese Crab Rangoon filling.