You can have Tuna Alfredo using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna Alfredo
- It's 4 cups of wide egg noodles.
- You need 2 cans of (each 5 oz.) tuna, drained and flaked.
- You need of Alfredo Sauce:.
- Prepare 2 oz. of brick style cream cheese.
- It's 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) of unsalted butter.
- It's 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper, onion powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It's 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Tuna Alfredo step by step
- Start a large pot of salted water heating over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the egg noodles and cook according to package directions. While you're waiting on the water to come to a boil, start the sauce (step 2). Once the pasta is done, drain it, then return it to the pot and stir in the tuna..
- In a smaller saucepan, place the butter, cream cheese and heavy cream over medium heat. Let it heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter and cream cheese have both melted and incorporated. Then stir in the garlic and seasonings. Let this mixture come up to a simmer, then allow it to simmer until it has thickened, about 5 minutes or so. Once thickened, remove it from the heat and immediately stir in the parmesan cheese until it's melted smoothly into the sauce..
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and tuna mixture and toss to coat everything together. That's it, serve it right away, because this sauce doesn't reheat all that well..