Ricotta gnocchi w' bacon & tomato sauce. The bride-to-be, my good friend Sarah, is an excellent cook. One of our final dinners before moving to Bangkok was an American-style dinner worthy of Paula Deen that Sarah made for Frank and I. We ate enough fried chicken and mashed potatoes and bright green salad to strengthen.
This Baked Gnocchi with Ricotta uses prepared gnocchi and tops it with marinara, ricotta and parmesan in this meatless weeknight dinner. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. In a large skillet over medium heat add bacon and cook until slightly crisp. You can cook Ricotta gnocchi w' bacon & tomato sauce using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ricotta gnocchi w' bacon & tomato sauce
- Prepare of gnocchi-.
- You need 1 of garlic, crushed.
- It's 250 g of ricotta.
- It's 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain flour + extra.
- You need 1 of egg + 1 egg yolk.
- Prepare of sauce-.
- It's 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 of bacon rashes, diced.
- You need 2 of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1/2 cup of chargrilled capsicum, diced (jarred is ok).
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine.
- You need 1/4 bunch of basil, chopped + extra.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, diced.
Gnocchi are Italian dumplings made of potatoes or flour (or both) and eggs. For a major time-savor, look for gnocchi in the frozen foods section of the supermarket. The only thing better than dumplings is fried dumplings. Add bacon, onions and peas, and you've got a dish that can't lose.
Ricotta gnocchi w' bacon & tomato sauce instructions
- Put the gnocchi ingredients in a bowl except the flour. Use hands to mix until egg is just mixed into ricotta. Add 1/2 of flour and mix until just combined. Sticky soft dough. Add remaining flour, 1 tbsp at a time to get right consistency. Place dough onto a lightly dusted bench. Sprinkle a bit of flour on top then pat it down to a round shape 2.5cm thick..
- Cut into 4 pieces. Roll a piece into a log about 1.5 cm and 25cm long. Repeat. Cut the 4 rolls into 2cm pieces..
- In boiling salted water. Toss in the gnocchi (1 log at a time) and cook for around 2-3 minutes until gnocchi is floating. Remove. Keep a cup of the water..
You think you know what gnocchi are: small, fork-tine-indented potato dumplings served with pesto or tomato sauce. They're starchy, thick and filling, and rarely made well enough at home to justify the work. Jump to the Ricotta Gnocchi Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. The fastest and easiest homemade gnocchi is made using ricotta instead of potatoes. Anyone can make ricotta gnocchi, even beginner cooks.