Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan.
You can cook Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan
- It's 1 each of vegetable bouillon cube.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- It's 2 of sprigs fresh marjoram, divided.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 small of onion, halved and thinly sliced.
- It's 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 small of zucchini squash, cut in half and sliced.
- You need 1 small of Japanese eggplant, cut in half and sliced.
- It's 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- It's 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 oz of olives, pits removed and roughly chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- You need 2 of sprigs fresh Italian parsley, leaves removed, roughly chopped.
- It's 2 oz of Parmesan, shaved.
Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan instructions
- In a medium bowl, dissolve bouillon cube in 2 cups hot water with one sprig of marjoram, and set aside..
- Place a medium-large saucepot with a lid over medium heat. Add olive oil, and heat until oil lightly smokes. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini, eggplant, pinch of salt and pepper, and cook while stirring for 3-4 more minutes..
- Add olives, second sprig of marjoram, rice and vegetable stock to the saucepot. Heat on high until mixture comes to a boil. Cover with lid, lower heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked and tender. Remove from heat. Leave pot covered, and allow the rice to sit and steam for 5-10 minutes..
- Remove lid from pot, and fluff rice with a fork. Remove the marjoram sprigs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide onto two plates. Top with parsley and cheese. Enjoy!.