Mike's Old Time Beef Stew.
You can cook Mike's Old Time Beef Stew using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Old Time Beef Stew
- Prepare of Old Time Beef Stew.
- It's 3 lb of Boneless Beef Chuck.
- Prepare 3 box of 32 oz Beef Broth.
- It's 3 dash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Each: Garlic Powder - Dried Parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Each: Onion Powder - Italian Seasoning - Black Pepper.
- You need 1 large of Bay Leaf [optional].
- You need 2 tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- It's 1 large of White Onion [quartered].
- It's 3 large of Celery Stalks [1" chop].
- You need 3 large of Carrots [peeled - 1" chop].
- It's 4 large of Potatoes [washed - cut in large quarters].
- It's 1 can of 8 oz Stewed Tomatoes [optional].
- You need 2 tbsp of Corn Starch + 2 tablespoons Water Or Flour [to thicken].
Mike's Old Time Beef Stew step by step
- In a larger pot, place the cooking oil, beef roast, 2 boxes of beef broth and seasonings, in that order..
- Allow pot to simmer with lid on for 3 1/2 hours. Checking in it occasionally. By this time your beef broth will have reduced to 1/3 of what it was initially. You'll want this reduction to happen..
- With meat and broth still in pot, cut roast into larger, bite sized pieces. Your roast should be falling apart by now..
- Add your 3rd box of beef broth to the pot..
- Add all chopped vegetables to pot. Add water if you need more broth to cover your vegetables..
- Simmer 30 additional minutes stirring occasionally until vegetables are fully cooked. If you'd like your broth thicker, mix 2 tablespoons Corn Starch and 2 tablespoons water and pour it into your simmering pot. It will thicken as the broth bubbles. If you'd like it thicker, add 2 tablespoons more..
- Serve with fresh, warm bread for dipping on the side..