Chicken Toscana Skillet.
You can cook Chicken Toscana Skillet using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Toscana Skillet
- It's 1 bunch of kale; washed, stems removed and chopped.
- It's 1 lb of ground chicken.
- You need 5-10 of small potatoes, such as fingerling.
- It's 3 T of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, chopped.
- You need 2 t of fennel seeds, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 T of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 T of flour or rice flour.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken stock... low sodium gluten free.
- Prepare 2 T of butter.
- You need of lots of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 c of milk.
Chicken Toscana Skillet instructions
- In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are soft..
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil for a minute. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and fennel, and the remaining spices. Combine and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, stirring often and seperating chicken lumps. Lol..
- Half or quarter the cooked potatoes and add to the skillet with 1 T butter. Allow the potatoes to brown a little, stirring occasionally..
- Deglaze the pan with 1/4 c chicken stock..
- Add kale and additional 1 / 4 c chicken stock. Allow the kale to cook down for a little while, pan covered Maybe 10 minutes..
- Create a little hole in the center of the skillet, making a pool for the rest of the ingredients to swim in..
- Add 1 T butter and melt until bubbly.
- Add flour and wisk out the lumps. Use a silicone wisk if it's a nonstick pan!.
- Add the milk. .. use whatever you normally drink. Bubble..
- Add parmesan cheese, maybe a small handful and melt..
- Stir it all together and serve with more parmesan and salt and pepper..