Sausage tomato francese over ricotta gnocchi. Gnocchi is cooked and combined with a simple tomato sauce and ricotta. It doesn't get much easier than this Ricotta Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce. This gnocchi with tomato sauce recipe is a simple one pan meal that takes store-bought gnocchi to the next level!
Ricotta Gnocchi Equipment: This recipe doesn't require any special equipment! Prep the water: Bring a large stockpot of generously-salted water to a boil over high heat. Brown sausage in a skillet until completely cooked, breaking up as it cooks. You can cook Sausage tomato francese over ricotta gnocchi using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage tomato francese over ricotta gnocchi
- You need 1 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 of Italian sausages.
- It's 1 cup of chicken stock or broth.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It's 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of Chives or parsley for garnish.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook gnocchi until they float to the top. Spoon out and put into tomato mixture. Spoon into individual gratin dishes or one large casserole dish. Sausage Tomato Gnocchi is a flavorful tomato sauce with miniature sausage "meatballs" served over gnocchi.
Sausage tomato francese over ricotta gnocchi step by step
- Combine butter, chicken stock, sausages, juice of 1/4 lemon and 2 slices of lemon to a large pan. Braise same covered on low heat for 45 min..
- Drain ricotta on paper towels or cheesecloth..
- Mix ricotta, parmesan and flour. Knead until dough like..
- Roll into long thin strips. Press with fork. Cut in 1 inch pieces..
- Peel, seed and dice tomato..
- After sausage has braised for 45 min add gnocchi and tomato to sausage pot..
- Garnish with chives or parsley..
A quick and easy meal that the family will all go crazy for! Serve over gnocchi or spaghetti noodles: While the sauce is cooking, prepare your pasta of choice according to package instructions. Ricotta Gnocchi, Tomato-Sausage Sauce, Homemade Ricotta Gnocchi, How to give ricotta gnocchi their traditional shape. Delicious ricotta cheese gnocchi are covered in a delicious fresh mozzarella-tomato sauce. Stir in shredded basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.