Carrot-ricotta gnocchi with mint pesto and hot honey 🍯 🥕. A great comfort food for cold winter days, this gnocchi made with roasted carrots and ricotta chimes perfectly with fresh mint pesto and hot honey! Add roasted carrots, ricotta cheese, egg, and some salt to a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer carrot puree into a large bowl, add starch and Bring a large pot with salted water to a boil.
Ricotta gnocchi is the answer to all my whiney pasta prayers. Potato gnocchi itends to be so… heavy. I should probably shut up and start with mint, I know. You can have Carrot-ricotta gnocchi with mint pesto and hot honey 🍯 🥕 using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot-ricotta gnocchi with mint pesto and hot honey 🍯 🥕
- You need 800 g of carrots.
- It's 150 g of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 120 g of mint.
- It's 150 g of honey.
- It's 1/2 tsp of chilly flakes.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It's of 2 tbsp starch.
- Prepare 200 g of flour.
- It's 100 ml of olive oil.
- You need 30 g of pine nuts.
- It's 25 g of pecorino cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Flour(for dusting).
- It's of Ricotta cheese (for garnish).
Inspired by Italian traditions unique to Buenos Aires, Frankie is throwing together a ricotta gnocchi made with a mint pesto sauce. Anyone can make ricotta gnocchi, even beginner cooks. On the other hand, potato gnocchi is a recipe for capable cooks, requiring a deft hand, a gentle touch and a good feel for dough. Much easier to make than Potato Gnocchi.
Carrot-ricotta gnocchi with mint pesto and hot honey 🍯 🥕 instructions
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Peel carrots and transfer onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with some olive oil, season with salt and roast for approx 45 min..
- Meanwhile add honey and chili flakes to a saucepan and simmer for approx 5-7 min. over medium heat. Set aside until serving..
- Add roasted carrots, ricotta cheese, egg and some salt to a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer carrot purée into a large bowl, add starch and flour gradually. Allow to cool in the fridge, if desired..
- In the meantime prepare pesto : add mint, olive oil, pine nuts. Pecorino cheese, add lemon juice to a food processor, season with salt and pepper, and blend until smooth. Set aside until serving..
- Remove gnocchi dough from the fridge, transfer onto a floured working surface, and knead carefully. Cut dough into 4 equal pieces and roll them into logs. Cut into bite sized pieces and roll into small balls. To create the classic gnocchi roll each gnocchi over the tines of a fork, then transfer onto a floured baking sheet or cutting board..
- Bring a large pot with salted water to a boil. One after another; transfer gnocchi into the boiling water. Once they float, they’ve ready and can bet gently removed using a slotted spoon..
- Serve carrot-ricotta gnocchi with some ricotta cheese, mint pesto, add hot honey. Enjoy !.
I had an abundance of Basil so served in with Pesto & Pancetta. Spinach Gnocchi- this gnocchi is completely VEGAN, super easy to make, and perfect for make Carrot Beet and Apple Salad with Mint and Cumin Vinaigrette. Benedetta Rossi on Instagram Calamari Recipes Gnocchi Recipes Pasta Recipes Cooking Recipes Ricotta Gnocchi Pesto Pasta. Ricotta gnocchi is much easier and quicker to make than traditional, potato gnocchi. To make the sauce, heat oil, add garlic and cook for a few minutes over medium heat.