Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce. This reminds me of a Marcella Hazan recipe for winter meatballs with a similar method, mashing bread and milk, mixing pancetta and parmesan into the meat, rolling. This meatloaf is dressed up with a seasoned mushroom gravy. Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring, until tender and browned and the liquid has evaporated.
For the mushrooms. ½ ounce dried porcini mushrooms. Put the polenta in a warmed bowl, then top with mushrooms and the sauce. While sauce is simmering, prepare polenta. You can have Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce
- You need of For the meatloaf - polpettone :.
- Prepare 400 g of good quality mince.
- You need 50 g of chopped ham.
- It's 2-3 tablespoons of Parmesan.
- It's of Small slice of bread.
- It's Splash of milk.
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For the sauce :.
- You need of Small amount of chopped carrots onions and celery.
- You need 250 g of mushrooms - I used a bag of mixed, frozen mushrooms.
- It's of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Glug of white wine.
- You need 200 ml of stock.
- Prepare of Polenta :.
- You need Packet of ready made rolled polenta.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It's to taste of Salt.
Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in polenta, garlic powder, sugar, and salt. For the polenta I used regular, cooked and molded and grilled instead of soft. Essentually used the recipe for polenta with fontina and spinach (CL) but I. Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce - pork meatballs in a delicious creamy mushroom sauce served over mashed potatoes.
Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce instructions
- Tear up the bread, put in a bowl, add a splash of milk. Leave to soak for a few minutes. Put mince in a bowl. Add all meatloaf ingredients. Mix up well using your hands.
- Turn out onto cling film. Shape into a sausage. Roll up and leave it in the fridge for an hour. Here's a picture of the polenta. Preheat oven to 200.
- Sauté carrots, onions and celery in a little oil. Add mushrooms and turn up the heat. After 5+6 minutes, add the wine and let it evaporate. Now turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Place polenta on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place meatloaf in a baking tray too. Now bake both together for about 25-30 mins. Turn polenta and meatloaf once during cooking. Meanwhile, using a hand blender, whizz up the sauce to your liking and keep warm. Rest meatloaf for a few minutes when cooked.
- Carve up, plate up and enjoy 😁.
How To Make Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce. Combine the meatballs: Add all the meatball ingredients (excluding the vegetable oil) to a large bowl Olive Ham and Cheese Loaf. However, mushrooms are the only ingredient he really protests, so for our meals together I tend to avoid them, and eat my fill when we go out or when he's I decided to indulge in a mushroom-centric meal this week, as he's been away on business, and whipped up this rich, creamy Parmesan Polenta. Turkey and beef meatloaf with a mushroom, spinach parmesan sauce!! Cooking with Jaye and the ladies -Jaye.