Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie. This chicken pot pie is baked to perfection with a biscuit topping. Instead of the usual pastry crust, this chicken pie is topped with savory cheese biscuits. Brush tops of the biscuits with the beaten egg and top with cheddar cheese.
See how it looks like grated cheese in the picture? Cooked chicken simmers in a rich parsley-flecked sauce with carrots, peas, and celery. The delectable filling is baked under prepared biscuits for a comforting pot pie that's easy to put together. You can cook Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie
- It's 1 lb of chicken breast diced.
- You need 2 cup of frozen carrots,peas,corn.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- It's 2 clove of garlic , minced.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter unsalted.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 3 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 6 oz of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
Arrange biscuits on top of the filling. Cheesy Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie. And let's be honest about these biscuits - they really are the star here. You can skip the chicken pot pie part altogether and just make these biscuits by simply dropping the dough onto a greased baking.
Cheesy biscuit topped chicken pot pie step by step
- Pre heat oven to 450. Add half stick of butter to a large skillet pan. Sweat onions for about 2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes. Slowly add 1/4 cup flour to the pan while whisking. Cook about 2 minutes..
- Add 3 cup chicken broth , stir. Add 3 oz parmesan cheese. Stir . Bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Just enough time to make your cheesy biscuits..
- In a medium mixing bowl, add these ingredients for the cheesy biscuits topper.... 2 cup flour, 3 oz parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar. Whisk to mix.... add 1 cup milk and half stick melted butter. Whisk and mix well..
- Add rounded spoonfuls of the biscuit mix into the pan. Do it in a clockwise formation starting outside in. Biscuits will expand . Don't worry if you think it looks weird, it will work and you'll love it..
- Place in oven. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Biscuits should turn a delicious golden brown ..
Chicken Pot Pie has to be one of my all-time favorite, comforting casserole recipes. Prepare Southern Buttermilk Biscuits and place on top of chicken pot pie mixture in. Make the chicken stock: Place the chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Add in half the carrots, the celery, garlic, and onion and bring to a boil. This chicken pot pie is perfect for a cold winter night, whether it's for your family or all of your closest friends.