Stuffed Peppers - Greek Style. You saved Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers to your Favorites. Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Pour the tomatoes over the peppers and sprinkle with the feta cheese.
This vibrant version at Tesco Real Food includes all the delicious flavours of the Mediterranean. Ensure your peppers can stand upright, slicing slivers from the bottom, if needed (but don't discard). Stuffed bell peppers are a favourite in our family. You can cook Stuffed Peppers - Greek Style using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Peppers - Greek Style
- You need 8 of Bell Peppers, any color.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Pork.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- It's 1 cup of White rice, cooked.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- It's 2 large of Yellow Onions, chopped.
- It's 3 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- It's 1 cup of Dry White wine or Chicken stock.
- You need 1 can of Tomato paste 8oz.
- You need 2 packages of Feta cheese 4oz..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Parsley, fresh chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of Greek Oregano, fresh chopped.
- It's 1 tbsp of Thyme, fresh chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Kalamata Olives, chopped.
- You need 2 cup of Mozzarella, shredded.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
It's a fabulous dish common in many cultures and cuisines. Naturally a favourite classic I grew up on and still enjoy is Greek-style roasted red peppers and I'm pretty partial to my moms stuffed peppers. Pour the tomatoes with their juices. Try this Greek style stuffed peppers recipe, or contribute your own.
Stuffed Peppers - Greek Style step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F | Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil | Cut tops off the Bell peppers, clean and remove seeds | Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes than drain..
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat | Cook onions until translucent season with Salt & Pepper | Add garlic cook for another 2 mins | Place onions and garlic in a medium bowl off to the side to cool..
- Place pork/beef in skillet with the cinnamon stick | Season with Salt & Pepper and Cook until evenly brown | Drain grease then mix in wine and tomato paste | Turn down heat to Low and continue cooking for another 20 - 30 mins covered..
- Transfer pork/beef into a large bowl and mix in the onions/garlic and the remaining ingredients | Stuff peppers with the mixture add Mozzarella on top and arrange in a baking dish | Cover with aluminum foil..
- Bake for 1 hour | Remove foil and continue baking 10 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned..
- Bon Appétit :).
Learn how to make/prepare Greek Style Stuffed Bell Peppers by following this easy recipe. Add rice, salt, black pepper and mint. Preparing stuffed vegetables has a long tradition in almost all of the Mediterranean countries. If you've ever been to Greece, I'm sure the Greeks did not They are hospitable like that! Yemista (pronounced 'gemista') is a classic dish of summer vegetables stuffed with rice.