Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese.
You can cook Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese
- Prepare 4 slices of sourdough bread.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced.
- It's of Marinara sauce.
- Prepare 4 of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 4 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced about 1/4 inch.
- You need of Softened butter.
- It's of Balsamic glaze for dipping (optional).
Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese instructions
- Butter one side of each of the slices of bread.
- On the other side of the bread, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce.
- On two slices of bread, add cheese, sliced tomatoes, and basil. Top the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices.
- Place the sandwiches buttered side down on a skillet heated to medium high. Place a sandwich press or a heavy bottomed skillet on top of the sandwiches. The best grilled cheese is always pressed..
- Cook about 3 minutes until the first side is golden brown. Flip and repeat..
- Serve with balsamic glaze on the side for dipping (optional).