Smoked Sausage Tortellini Skillet.
You can have Smoked Sausage Tortellini Skillet using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 lb of smoked sausage.
- Prepare 3 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- It's 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 1/2 cup of frozen peas (I used canned).
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 packages of frozen cheese tortellini (I used an 8.8 ounce package of dried).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Smoked Sausage Tortellini Skillet step by step
- Prepare a big pot of water to boil the tortellini in. Once water is boiling, add tortellini, cook until desired doneness, then drain..
- While you're waiting for the water to boil, Heat the olive oil in a separate large skillet over medium heat. Slice the smoked sausage thinly and add it to the skillet and cook until well-browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add the garlic and cook and stir for 30 seconds..
- In this order: Add the chicken stock, tomato sauce, heavy cream, and salt and pepper and stir until simmering and bubbly. ** Adding chicken stock first will deglaze the pan, tomato sauce will bring temp down, then it will be safe to add the cream, so it won't break.** Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in the parmesan cheese until melted, then add the frozen peas and heat through..
- Now add cooked tortellini to sauce and stir until combined and heated through! Enjoy!.