AMIEs PASTA with TOMATO SAUCE (version1)AMIEs PASTA al SUGO di POMODORO (versione 1). Acciughe sott'olio Agli Basilico fresco Olio extravergine di oliva Pasta Pepe nero Peperoncino in polvere Pomodori freschi Prezzemolo fresco Tonno in scatola. Quando la pasta sarà molto al dente prelevate un mestolo l'acqua e versatelo nella padella. Simply authentic Italian tomato sauce flavored with extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, and basil.
The secret to this simple tomato-based pasta recipe? Pasta Pomodoro Is a simple pasta dish with a delicious tomato sauce, fresh basil, and Parmesan cheese. This quick and easy meal is a family favorite and a great weeknight dinner recipe. You can cook AMIEs PASTA with TOMATO SAUCE (version1)AMIEs PASTA al SUGO di POMODORO (versione 1) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of AMIEs PASTA with TOMATO SAUCE (version1)AMIEs PASTA al SUGO di POMODORO (versione 1)
- Prepare 1 of medium-sized onion, very finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium-sized carrot, very finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of celery stick, very finely chopped.
- It's 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, very finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of dried chilli, seeded and chopped (optional).
- You need 800 grams of Italian canned plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped.
- You need 4 of parsley stalks.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It's 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 350 grams of penne or bucatini (pasta).
- It's 1 of freshly grated parmesan to serve.
Pomodoro means tomato in Italian so it's basically pasta with tomato sauce. Drain the pasta and add it to the tomato sauce. So simple and so delicious, by far the best recipe for pasta al pomodoro I have ever found! And this is a comment coming from a guy born and raised in Italy, myself, which means you guys can trust my opinion.
AMIEs PASTA with TOMATO SAUCE (version1)AMIEs PASTA al SUGO di POMODORO (versione 1) instructions
- Saute slowly the onion, carrot and celery in the olive oil until well softened (at least 10 minutes). Add the garlic and chili just a few minutes before you finish the offritto (sauteed mixture)..
- Add the chopped tomatoes, the herbs and sugar. Season lightly with salt and pepper..
- Allow to simmer gently, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, until the oil begins to separate out into small drops around the edge. Stir occasionally to prevent the sauce sticking to the bottom..
- Remove and discard the parsley stalks and the bay leaf. Push the sauce through the coarsest disc of a mouli legume, or blitz it for a few seconds in a food processor - or leave it as it is. Spoon the sauce back into the saucepan and keep it hot while you cook the pasta..
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente..
- Drain well and toss with the sauce..
- Serve at once, and hand round a bowl of freshly grated parmesan..
Tomato Passata is the translation of Italian passata di pomodoro. Passata is an Italian word that comes from the Italian verb passare Tomato sauce can contain tomato passata or pulp and paste, in addition to oil and salt. Known as pasta sauce, sometimes you can find celery and onion as well. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Add the drained pasta to the sauce.