Chicken Cordon Bleu Our Way.
You can cook Chicken Cordon Bleu Our Way using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cordon Bleu Our Way
- Prepare 2 of large chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of each salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten.
- It's of prosciutto.
- Prepare of blue cheese crumbles.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Our Way instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a baking dish and set it aside..
- Start by placing the breadcrumbs and seasonings in a bowl and toss them together. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat your egg. Butterfly your chicken breasts, then use a pastry brush to brush the egg all over the chicken breasts, then pat the breadcrumbs onto the chicken. Do this for both sides of the chicken..
- In a large skillet, cook the prosciutto over medium heat until just starting to crisp, then remove from heat and set aside to cool enough to handle. Once cooled for a few minutes, chop it up..
- Mix the blue cheese crumbles and chopped prosciutto in a bowl and place the mixture over half of each chicken breast. Use up all the mixture between the two breasts..
- Cover the stuffed side of the chicken with the remaining half of the breast and secure the halves together with a few toothpicks..
- Place the chicken in the baking dish and bake for 22-28 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through..
- Once done, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then remove the toothpicks and serve..