Manicotti with eggplant sauce. Would also be good with sweet peppers. I also used two whole eggs instead of egg substitute and added extra garlic. Here's an easy and low-carb keto manicotti made with eggplant, cheese and marinara sauce.
Take a slice of eggplant into your hand and spoon a dollop of the filling. For manicotti: Place ricotta cheese in strainer set over large bowl. Arrange eggplant manicotti in single layer atop sauce. You can have Manicotti with eggplant sauce using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Manicotti with eggplant sauce
- It's 1 of eggplant.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 of garlic cloved, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried taragon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 can of (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1 can of (8 ounces) tomato sauce.
- It's 1 packages of (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained.
- Prepare 1 cup of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 cup of (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozarella cheese, divided.
- It's 1/2 cup of egg subtitute.
- It's 1/4 of grated parmesan cheese.
- It's 2 tbsp of minced fresh parsley.
- You need 6 of manicotti shells, cooked, rinsed and drained.
Fill manicotti shells with roasted eggplant and spinach tofu and you've got a great vegan Italian meal to serve your family. Fill manicotti shells with eggplant mixture and arrange in the baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti and sprinkle with cheese. Learn how to make Eggplant Manicotti with Creamy Pesto Filling.
Manicotti with eggplant sauce instructions
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the eggplant, onion, garlic, tarragon, and thyme until vegetables are tender. add tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, mozarella, egg subtitute, parmesan and parsley; mix well. Stuff into manicotti shells..
- Place in an 11-in.x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon eggplant sauce over manicotti; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover and bake 350°F for 25-30 mins or until heated through..
Place eggplant slices, browned sides down, on a smooth. Baked Eggplant Manicotti is a perfect vegetarian, gluten-free dinner main for the baked pasta lovers in your life. Pat eggplant slices dry with paper towels and transfer eggplant to a large baking sheet. Lay slices on a paper towel and sprinkle salt on them to Remove manicotti from pan onto serving dish. SAUCE: Put pan of tomato sauce on stove and add heavy cream until the sauce is pink.