Alfredo Sauce done "light". This Healthy Alfredo Sauce is lightened up with skim milk and your choice of broth (chicken or veggie for flava), but is kept creamy with the help of non fat plain greek yogurt This Healthy Alfredo Sauce is the p.e.r.f.e.c.t. combination. It's still warm and cozy, but it's totally light. Did I mention it's easy, too?!
Continue to cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick. This is a healthy version of Alfredo sauce. Cream sauces don't have to be heavy--this light Alfredo sauce is rich and smooth and a fraction of the calories of traditional Alfredo recipes! You can have Alfredo Sauce done "light" using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Alfredo Sauce done "light"
- It's 1 can of chicken broth(14.5 oz.).
- You need 4 tsp of flour.
- You need 6 oz of of light cream cheese.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of skim milk if needed.
Once drained, I tossed the piping hot pasta and broccoli with the creamy alfredo sauce and coarsely grated a bit more Parmesan cheese over the top. A lighter version of the Italian Classic sauce. Perfect on a number of Italian dishes. Chicken Alfredo Rice Casserole (with Homemade Alfredo Sauce)Live Simply.
Alfredo Sauce done "light" step by step
- Combine broth and flour in medium saucepan cook for 2 minutes on medium until thickened.
- Stir and cream cheese, garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste. cook for two additional minutes, stirring consistently.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese or sprinkle on top if desired.
- If it is too thick add small amounts of milk.
I'm always on the lookout for ways to eat dessert for breakfast. These delightful little muffins have perfectly light flavor and a melt in your mouth oh-my-goodness-this-is-so-amazing texture… Great recipe for Alfredo Sauce done "light". Homemade Alfredo Sauce ~ Homemade Alfredo Sauce is easier to make than you may think. Bowtie Chicken Alfredo ~ This extra-light Alfredo sauce for pasta gets its silkiness from fresh parmesan and half and half. This quick and easy Alfredo sauce is ready to rock your pasta!