Individual Chicken Cordon Bleu. Chicken Cordon Bleu is usually stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, but you can use any cheese your family likes such as mozzarella or Gruyere. For a quicker version, you may also like this Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu which doesn't require rolling or breading. When I was a kid, my mom took culinary.
A cordon bleu or schnitzel cordon bleu is a dish of meat wrapped around cheese (or with cheese filling), then breaded and pan-fried or deep-fried. Chicken Cordon Bleu is a dish composed of chicken breasts, ham, and Swiss cheese. The ham and Swiss cheese are arranged on top of the chicken breast and rolled together then dredged in bread crumbs. You can cook Individual Chicken Cordon Bleu using 21 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Individual Chicken Cordon Bleu
- You need of Fir the chicken and ham.
- You need 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 8 ounces of thin sliced italian hot ham, cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sriracha seasoning.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mayonaise.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It's of For Dijon Cream Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter.
- It's 11/2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 2 tablespoons of dijon mustad.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of hot sauce such as franks red hot.
- It's 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It's 1/2 cup of shredded Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- Prepare 2 of . green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of table spoons each fresh chopped thyme and parsley.
- Prepare 2 of frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed but cold.
Remove from the oven and slice into individual servings. Keto chicken cordon bleu casserole is an easy meal to make ahead, whether you want it a few days, weeks, or months ahead of time. Either way, keto chicken cordon bleu casserole reheats well. You can pre-make it (including final baking), and then reheat individual portions either in the microwave or.
Individual Chicken Cordon Bleu instructions
- Spray 12 muffin tins with non stick spray. Preheat the oven to 400. Linre a baking sheet with foil.
- In a bowl combine chicken with mayonnaise and sriracha. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours.
- Set aside 12 slices of ham and cut the remaini g into strips.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown chicken.
- Cook chicken in batches until browned and just cooked throgh, removing to a plate as done.
- Add ham slices and very light cook each side about 30 seconds per side, remove to a plate.
- Add ham strips and cook lightly and remove.
- Add butter to skillt and melt, add flour and whisk 2 minutes.
- Add stock, cream, worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic pepper and red hot. Bring to a simmer and cool until its a sauce condistancy.
- Add lemon, herbs, green onions and swiss cheese off heat. Cool to room temperature before filling pastry.
- In a bowl combine chicken and ham strips with the sauce.
- Roll puff pastry sheets to smooth put amd cut into 12 piecea, fit into prepared muffin tins.
- Line each pastry with a ham slice.
- Divide filling among cups.
- Top with the romano cheese, bake on the foil lined pan about 20 to 25 minutes until pastry is golden.
This Chicken Cordon Bleu is made from chicken breast rolled with black forest ham, swiss cheese, and a crispy breadcrumb coating. Fortunately, chicken cordon bleu is pretty simple to put together yourself using scratch ingredients. And this stuff is far better than any frozen version you can buy. This classic French chicken dish, adapted from Jane and Michael Stern's book "American Gourmet," more than lives up to its name ("cordon bleu" means "blue ribbon"). For the classic chicken cordon bleu, the stuffed chicken breasts are browned in oil in a skillet before being transferred to the oven while this version is only baked.